Why a Zimmatic lateral move system?
A Zimmatic lateral move system from Hall Irrigation lets you combine maximum irrigation coverage with a uniform watering pattern over your entire field. This combination helps ensure a better yield out of every acre for a higher return on your investment in production inputs.
- Ideal for conversion from flood irrigation. They are a proven way to get more benefit from less water and to reduce pumping costs.
- Reduce the yield penalties associated with water logging of crops when using flood irrigation.
- Manage your irrigation in sync with the weather – reduce the risks of flood damage associated with storms after a flood application.
- Reduce your labour costs – no more starting siphon tubes!
- Supplied with water through a large diameter hose attached to a pressurised mainline
- Pivot and/or towing options for use on adjacent fields for increased coverage area
- Uses 2 wheel or 4 wheel cart (depending on field size) with 102 mm, 153 mm and 203 mm hose (that’s 4, 6 or 8 inch if your prefer!)
- Can use existing ditch at field edge or one in the centre
- Depending on ditch type, water is supplied through a floating intake or a floating self cleaning filter screen
- Only available as a 4 wheel
Cart & Power Options
- Two and four wheel carts are available, depending on system requirements.
- Power can be supplied by an onboard diesel and generator set (plus onboard pump for ditch fed systems) or by commercial power delivered through a heavy duty, mining type cable. (Please Note :: Cable powered systems in hose fed only).
- Zimmatic lateral move irrigation systems can be guided by furrow, above ground cable or buried cable methods.
- 6 5/8 inch
- 8 inch
- 8 5/8 inch
- 10 inch
- Span lengths customised to individual farming systems
Systems are computer designed with:
- Sprinklers: Rotators, spinners, sprays, LEPA, wobbler or impacts to match desired water application rates.
- Drops: To minimise water loss due to wind and evaporation.
- Offsets & Boombacks: To expand application area and minimise wheel tracking.